Author Topic: Omega Syndicate Sign In!  (Read 51051 times)

Offline Rei

• Matrix Online, the
  • Moderatrix
Omega Syndicate Sign In!
« on: August 12, 2009, 01:25:44 PM »
Hello!  and welcome to the brand new and shiny, Omega Syndicate Online Community Website!

If everyone could start by signing in, saying a little bit about how and where you've all been and what games your currently playing, we can start to get a feel for where everyone is and what we need to be adding to this site as far as game or topic specific sections go.

Any suggestions for content are of course, always welcome!

**cracks a bottle of champagne against the hull of the new OS forums**
Let the posting begin!
 8)

« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 03:30:56 PM by Rei »

Offline Inhumancode

• Matrix Online, the
Re: Omega Syndicate Sign In!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 02:14:59 PM »
Code reporting in!
I'm pimping it pretty much as usual  ;D
I'm looking for an MMO to get excited about like I was with MxO, DC Universe Online looks pretty cool, although I think it'll be lost on me as I don't read comic books. Final Fantasy XIV Online is something I'm looking forward to as well, as I'm playing FFXI Online at the moment and loving every second.

As far as suggestions go, I think that if in this thread it becomes clear that there is a big group of people looking forward to/playing a particular game then it should have its own sub forum. I don't think there should be a sub forum for every genre, as the posts would be way too spread out, but how about somewhere down the track we have a Singleplayer General and a Multiplayer General (provided things get active enough).

Also, may I suggest that there be a news bulletin/news post on mxo.rumbaar.net, making the existence of this site very clear, so any MxO players looking for somewhere to go get directed here.

:)

Offline Rei

• Matrix Online, the
  • Moderatrix
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 03:28:59 PM »
Code you beat me!  I didn't think anyone was going to sign in that quick  ;)

Well, I haven't been playing too much as far as MMO's go lately.  I was in EVE for a couple months every now and then but I just couldn't get into it.  THe learning curve was too big and although the depth of that game blew me away, I found it just far far too much to get into at this stage so I ended up canceling my sub.

One game that I am pretty excited about now though is AION online.  It's still in Beta though to go live in September and I must say, it's already an amazing game and they're still making it even better.  The lore and the game background is unique as far as what I've seen in the MMORPG world.  Anyone who's interested, for sure check it out.   You can get into Beta if you pre-order the game though I think there's only one more Beta event left until it goes live. 

Absolutely we'll be creating sub-forums here when and if there's a particular interest in a specific game or genre.  That's more the point of the sign in topic, so we can get an idea of where everyone is so we can start figuring that out.  All in due time though.

Good call though on making a news bulletin on the MxO site, I hadn't thought about that. 
*runs over to post an article*

Offline CloudWolf

• Matrix Online, the
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 06:55:47 PM »
Here as usual. Taking a bit of a step back from being overly involved in online gameage to be honest, I found it all a little too stressful near the end.

Still, preordered Aion and looking forward to seeing how that develops. May stay there full time if it turns out decent. Always down for a bit of Dawn Of War II and Xbox Live but apart from that I'm concentrating on single players and other aspect of my technological life xD

Offline Inhumancode

• Matrix Online, the
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 08:26:29 PM »
TWO OS'ers into Aion? Looks like I'll have to check it out, you guys let me know how it is, yeah?  :)
Hope you're both doing well IRL, too.

Offline Rei

• Matrix Online, the
  • Moderatrix
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 06:18:58 AM »
Woot for Aion!  The next Beta event starts the day after tomorrow, Friday the 14th to Monday the 17th.  If anyone else is in there, I'm on the Siel server as Reiann (Elyos) and Treia (Asmodian) though that may change on launch depending on if they make any servers specific to RP or whatnot.

I'm doing alright IRL, though doing a bit of a job hunt right now as I'm not getting the hours I need at my current one.  I hate job hunting btw.. necessary evil though I guess   ::)  Going to be taking a Paramedic course in the next couple months as well as probably some search and rescue and back country avalanche courses once winter sets in.  Should be fun, definitely looking forward to that.  Other then that though, I haven't been up to too much lately.  How have you guys been doing?

EDIT:  Just to give you guys a little peak at the awesomeness that is Aion.. check this out.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/698001/Exclusive-Aion-Video-Podcast-Classes--Customization.html
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 01:45:28 PM by Rei »

Offline Inhumancode

• Matrix Online, the
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 08:37:44 PM »
Ooooh man, Aion looks SICK, might be one worth getting into. I'm loving the look of the animations as well as the models.
Anyone else sick of this slump in the year where there is NOTHING coming out? August is such a crappy month this year, wierd considering it was the month that the best person alive was born.  8)

Glad to hear your life hasn't turned to shit or anything, haha. Good look on the job hunt, it's always a bitch, especially with todays economy. I'm holding onto my part time job, that's for sure.
All good on my end, although you can probably guess that New Zealand never has anything going on, so I'm going a bit stir-crazy.

Offline Drint Blasters

• Matrix Online, the
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 11:53:55 PM »
sup bitches, i changed my name again, this is what i go as nowadays.  haven't played many mmo's in ages, to much fucking effort, played eve with the goons for awhile but got bored and quit.  ark told me about Aion and i was somewhat interested but i dunno if i can bother with another mmo, too much crap involved.  may join in aion, don't hold your breath though.

this is altais btw

Offline Drint Blasters

• Matrix Online, the
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 11:55:38 PM »
please don't tell me you have to verify every single post?

Offline Drint Blasters

• Matrix Online, the
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 11:56:02 PM »
you do!
fucking gay, get rid of that

Offline Rei

• Matrix Online, the
  • Moderatrix
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 03:46:36 AM »
Hey Al!

What do you mean verify every post?   :o

Offline Inhumancode

• Matrix Online, the
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 04:59:43 PM »
Al you dirty beast! ? Whatsuuup?
I don't have to verify every post?
Maybe the forum saw that you were a n00b and was like, "Let's make things harder for this dude."

Offline Drint Blasters

• Matrix Online, the
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 06:48:53 PM »
it wanted me to type in a code dealy everytime i posted, seems to have stopped

Offline McBain

• Dungeons & Dragons
  • The only constant in life is change.
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 04:25:02 PM »
WHUT UP ! its Denolus, What I've been up to, well I just crawled out of the 12 days in the bush, and am now back in that city I'm doing my programming degree in AKA Edmonton, blah! 

Right now I'm playing no MMOs and have thought about SGW... but I doubt I'll have time as focus is on school, music, and social life.  As for what games I'm playing HALO 3, and waiting for NHL 10 to release.. though I dunno if I can afford it but what else is a student loan for ;)

Much love n Peace

Offline Anubias

• Matrix Online, the
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 02:52:16 AM »
::Trolls::

:P