Author Topic: DDO Guild Event - suggestions wanted  (Read 24204 times)

Offline Rumbaar

• Future Fight
  • Inherent Omniscience
    • rumbaar.net
Re: DDO Guild Event - suggestions wanted
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 08:03:10 AM »
I find it strange and annoying that you have to research out of game to find out things like which quests to do and stuff to gain access to raids and stuff.

Offline donsteeves

• Dungeons & Dragons
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 02:20:24 PM »
I best get to bed then, so I will be up early. ;)

Offline Aravok

• Dungeons & Dragons
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 04:10:02 PM »
Actually, you can find out what quests you need to do for most of them in game if you happen to talk to a lot of the NPCs.... the genie in Zawabi's refuge gives you the hints you need about which quests have to be completed.

Offline Rumbaar

• Future Fight
  • Inherent Omniscience
    • rumbaar.net
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 09:46:05 AM »
Oh darn, I have to read blurbs of NPC text ;) .... maybe I should read 'em more :D

Offline Rumbaar

• Future Fight
  • Inherent Omniscience
    • rumbaar.net
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2010, 08:04:23 AM »
With the new Ice event, I think farming Taming the Flame [House K] quest with respawning fire elements and mephits could be a good way to farm ice coins.  You can get some decent rewards for a large number of coins I've read.

Any other high spawn quests, that's relatively low Level to farm?

Offline donsteeves

• Dungeons & Dragons
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2010, 10:24:15 AM »
I noticed they put the rink right next to the lighthouse. Probably because one or two fire mephits spawn in there. Gives the low levels a chance to at least collect enough to rent skates, I guess. Anybody know what kind of reward you get for a successful jump?

Offline donsteeves

• Dungeons & Dragons
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2010, 10:29:42 AM »
What about that quest with all the traps that spawn fire mephits every time you right the pillars to gain access to the giant at the end? Can't think of the name of it. We could also just hang out at the beginning of Tempest Spine and kill elementals with the mains. I've always zerged through that part, but I think they keep respawning.

Offline Aravok

• Dungeons & Dragons
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2010, 02:21:03 PM »
Here's one for you guys. Three barrel cove has a quest that spawns the most fire elementals I've seen in any quest and can respawn them a fair bit too... its up by the lava pools... cant remember the name of it but.

Offline Rumbaar

• Future Fight
  • Inherent Omniscience
    • rumbaar.net
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2010, 01:19:42 PM »
Yeah Taming the Flames is a L6 in House K, as default there are 50+ fire elements and mephits.  Also the fire elementals respawn at the lava jets all the time.  In one run of the quest I got over 20 White coins.  It's a free quest as well, and as long as you have decent fire resist and a nice cold based weapon can finish them all off easily.

I think the person who kills the enemy is the only only one that gets the coin, so I reconmend solo runs to maximize the chance.  Also the level Norm, Hard or Elite affects the drops.

As for rewards not sure, but know you get recipes.  Which when combined can assign a Icy Burst status to any weapon.  You have to get 3 recipes, as it gets cold touch->frost->Icy Burst level of change.

Also think there are white, blue and purple coins.  Like the last event, so I guess the purple ones have a higher chance of the better stuff?  You need 20 white? coins to hire the skates if you want to try the jumps in the harbour.

Look at this video
or

I have abundant step, so fingers crossed.

Also a list of all the recipes and rewards it seems.  Still need ingredients, darn.  Wish I had kept some things like twigs, I'm sure they'll be increased in price on the AH now :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 03:48:05 PM by Rumbaar »