Author Topic: Delara's Tomb is HARD  (Read 10282 times)

hakuba

Delara's Tomb is HARD
« on: December 28, 2009, 11:20:03 AM »
Well, to those of you who know that already, my apologies :)

Ran the chain last night with Zal and Grax and had fun, but it was a fair slog. Couldn't even finish the last one as we got hammered on normal. We had a bunch of wizards with us and one wanted to tell us all how to do the quests. He just made it a little difficult by not being the best communicator.

He wasn't happy with Naoshika not killing anything either, but them is the breaks. I will need to get her supporting more with some other spells. The problem is, every time I seem to try to do something other than healing, someone gets killed! If only I were younger and faster  ;)

Ran Redwillow's too, with Eldy as well, and that was a bunch of fun. Big honking buggers stomping everywhere....scary .

Been having a lot of fun running groups with other guildies. It is nice to have a core of people around who I can play with and not worry about massaging some random person's ego all the time.

With Aravok back around now we will have a sweet group if we can get online together. Looking forward to playing more with all you guys

Offline Rumbaar

• Future Fight
  • Inherent Omniscience
    • rumbaar.net
Re: Delara's Tomb is HARD
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 11:32:07 AM »
Yeah, giants a big!

How many chains were in the Redwillows run?  Shame I missed the end and I've never done Delara's Tomb, sounds like it would have been interesting.

Offline Rumbaar

• Future Fight
  • Inherent Omniscience
    • rumbaar.net
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 02:05:44 PM »
Oh nice undead.  The monk with the Hands of Light heal attack can do some decent damage to undead as well, but yes not as much as a TWF ranger.

Offline MicrosoftSam

• Dungeons & Dragons
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 06:02:17 PM »
All i have to say is damn the time difference, good books that catch my attention, and modern warfare 2. And of course playing Guildwars for some odd reason lol

Offline Rumbaar

• Future Fight
  • Inherent Omniscience
    • rumbaar.net
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 10:19:28 AM »
That was fun doing it, I'm spewin' I had to go ... when the boss calls ... ya gotta give ya attention ;)

Hope we can run the 3rd and up again or the whole thing again some time.

Offline Rumbaar

• Future Fight
  • Inherent Omniscience
    • rumbaar.net
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 11:22:38 AM »
Yeah, need some DPS that's for sure.

Offline MicrosoftSam

• Dungeons & Dragons
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 02:25:05 PM »
Stormcleave if done right on normal and get all the optional stuff is amazing i did twice on my paladin. Oh btw make sure you get two healers lol. Bear's Endurance, Bull's Strength,and Soundburst are very nice.

Offline donsteeves

• Dungeons & Dragons
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 08:04:18 PM »
Graxor here.  We ran it again yesterday, and managed to finish it on hard.  ;D  Part of the problem we had the first day is we had a couple of invites who were running out of time. We tried to zerg the last one, and ran into a lot of trouble, as the dungeon alert steadily advanced to red. As for Naoshika not killing, Nao's job is to keep us alive, not draw agg. A dead cleric is no use to anyone.

Offline Rumbaar

• Future Fight
  • Inherent Omniscience
    • rumbaar.net
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 12:02:48 PM »
Once you're in a quest even if the invite expires [Guest pass?] the person isn't booted, it's just that can't return if they leave the quest area.  Like a hireling after their timer is up.

Or that is to the best of my knowledge.