Author Topic: Dawn Of War II  (Read 7359 times)

Offline CloudWolf

• Matrix Online, the
Dawn Of War II
« on: October 14, 2009, 03:17:23 AM »
The new game mode "The Last Stand" launches tommorow as well as a brand new balancing/bug fix patch on top.

Just thought I'd let anyone who wasn't following the game know and if any of y'all play, hit me on Steam (Kaamas/CloudWolf) or Live (x SkyJackal x)  ;D

Offline Rei

• Matrix Online, the
  • Moderatrix
Re: Dawn Of War II
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 05:05:50 AM »
Never played it myself but I've heard a fair bit about it.  Is it any good?

Offline CloudWolf

• Matrix Online, the
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 07:41:05 PM »
I would say so, yes. It met kinda mixed reviews, not because it was a mixed game but just because of how different it was from the first one. Base building is gone, which is definately a bold move for an RTS but all it means is the strategy involved has been offset onto your units. Strengths/weaknesses, movements, teamwork. I find it a lot more intricate than other RTS'. Really though, calling it a pure blood RTS would be wrong, it's definately an RTS/RPG hybrid. Especially The Last Stand. Which works perfectly for me since they're my two favorite genres.  ;D

Offline Rumbaar

• Future Fight
  • Inherent Omniscience
    • rumbaar.net
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 11:37:12 AM »
I have loved the Dawn of War series'  But I have to say the installation of Dawn of war II was the most painful and time consuming waste of time.  Download/Install steam, lucky I already had an account.  Update steam, launch the installer.  Then try and get it to access the DVD disc and not try to download the contents.

Then live account, create, update ..  Then when I want to play I have to have steam, and live and a connection just to play the single player campaign.  No wonder piracy is so done by so many.

/rant off

Love the game though, the Eldar Avatar mission is what I'm stuck on so far.  Once in Terminator and Dreadnought stage most of the levels are pwnage.  Previous didn't have a rig to play it and it's awesome on my laptop.

I'm so longing for the WH40K MMO!!!

Offline Inhumancode

• Matrix Online, the
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 11:44:16 AM »
I'm so longing for the WH40K MMO!!!

For the longest time I assumed that Warhammer Online was a 40k one, but I took a look recently and realized it was another swords and magic setting.
I think a 40k MMO would look sweet. Are they making one?

Offline CloudWolf

• Matrix Online, the
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 08:50:25 PM »
I remember reports of one in development a little while back and have been eagerly anticipating it ever since. Got Chaos Rising (DoWII Expansion) and Space Marine (co-op console action rpg) to look forward to tho.