Author Topic: I got an infraction ...  (Read 6950 times)

Offline Rumbaar

• Future Fight
  • Inherent Omniscience
    • rumbaar.net
I got an infraction ...
« on: July 22, 2010, 01:36:08 PM »
People have been banned, randomly it seems.  Even Naoshika's account was caught up in it.  I guess being in an 'affected' guild resulted in mass bans.

Quote from: Tarrant
Dear Rumbaar,

You have received an infraction at DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE®: Eberron Unlimited™ Forums.

Reason: We do not publicly discuss moderation decisions, or disciplinary actions taken against members, on the Community Sites and we ask that you do not either. Any threads or posts that mention infractions, bans, or thread/post deletions or modifications, etc. are subject to removal and may result in further disciplinary action.
-------
We have stated several times today to not discuss bans. If there is a question, contact in-game support. Thank you.
-------

This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires.  Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
[post]3139182[/post]
One day at Microsoft or Google Inc ...

So you're in this group.  They have 100+ members in this group.  You have one of your characters in this group.  You can't possibly know what each and every person in that group stretching across a 24hour time zones.

You don't even associate with them much, and have been associating mostly in an alternate group or non at all.

I have a friend in this exact situation, but alas he was hit with what can only be a guilt by association impact.

How can a whole group be affected by actions by those that have no knowledge of and or control over?  Worst still the vagueness of the response gives no education to the individual to ensure that by intention or mistake repetition of said event is avoided.

Purposely vague and no de-script to avoid any breaking of forum rules, think of it as an exercise in morality and social studies.

Offer Wall ...

All the best,
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE®: Eberron Unlimited™ Forums

May response and the thread has been moved/deleted from public view.
Quote from: Tarrant
Dear Rumbaar,

.. Any threads or posts that mention infractions, bans, or thread/post deletions or modifications, etc. are subject to removal and may result in further disciplinary action.

All the best,
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE®: Eberron Unlimited™ Forums
Dear Tarrant,

Where in that post do I mention any infractions, bans or thread/post deletions or modifications, etc that have occurred at DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE®: Eberron Unlimited™ Forums?  As clearly stated in the post I was talking about an incident that occurred at Microsoft or Google Inc and made no mention of anything that may or may not have happened at DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE®: Eberron Unlimited™ Forums.

All the best,

Offline Rumbaar

• Future Fight
  • Inherent Omniscience
    • rumbaar.net
Re: I got an infraction ...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 01:54:58 PM »
I got 2 points assigned to me, which expire on the 20th October 2010.  Nice three months, with no details on what 2 points does, how many you need for various restrictions or what 2 point means.

Offline Rumbaar

• Future Fight
  • Inherent Omniscience
    • rumbaar.net
Re: I got an infraction ...
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 12:26:18 PM »
Well some of the bans have been for an exploit of Guild Renown system.

A character has a finite amount of renown that can be gathered for a Guild in a [I think] 24 hour period.  Once you reach this limit you'll not get any more renown in chest or reward, or very reduced.  Not sure.  I seemed to have reached that limit over the weekend, when the small guild boost was calculating incorrectly [who was to know].

But if you leave a Guild this renown 'meter' is reset.  So if you leave and join a guild it will have reset your renown and you'll be able to farm renown without that false 24 hour limit.

The ease and little consequence of joining a guild means a lot of people join, leave and rejoin a guild over a period of time and sometimes in the one day.  Also as a joke some people kick and invite people from their guilds, this has been deemed a renown exploit and thus some mass bans have taken place.

So you can't leave and join, or even be kicked and join a guild too often as it will be deemed a ban worthy event.  Of a new system, where the limit of how much you can farm per 24 hours in not known and the mechanics behind any limits or formulas is not known [to players and even GM's], how are players meant to know what and not to do.  Specially where the guild system and in/out's have been a common occurrence for many years.

A leader kicks a person from the guild, and that person joins, then is kicked again and again.  An officer can effectively cause this person to be banned from the game.