Author Topic: The Future Of Aion  (Read 12455 times)

Offline CloudWolf

• Matrix Online, the

Offline Rei

• Matrix Online, the
  • Moderatrix
Re: The Future Of Aion
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 05:19:55 AM »
  :o
Holy Schkamoley that looks freaking siiick.

... If I were a guy.. I'd probably have to change my pants right now  :D

Offline Rumbaar

• Future Fight
  • Inherent Omniscience
    • rumbaar.net
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 08:13:52 AM »
... WOW!  Looks like a Final Fantasy Movie!

So it's like Second Life but combat and a MMO, you can create own building?   The visuals are amazing, that's for sure!

I really like the environment changes on the fly, how that will translate into real game will be interesting.  If it's even half of what is here, it will be very impressive!

Offline McBain

• Dungeons & Dragons
  • The only constant in life is change.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 10:10:58 AM »
WTFOMGBBQKTHXBAI

*falls over* what the shit is this, I'm on the hunt for an MMO right now, need something to do when I don't have home work as I'M AN UNEMPLOYEED STUDENT OFFICALLY AS OF TODAY !!! WOOOOOOOO.

But I'm looking for a game where OS members a playing already, I don't feel like starting from scratch again, lol, MXO was enough.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 10:14:31 AM by McBain »

Offline Rumbaar

• Future Fight
  • Inherent Omniscience
    • rumbaar.net
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 10:45:42 AM »
Hey McBain, congrats I think on your new found free time.

As for current MMO that OS members are playing, well Dungeons & Dragons is the current active MMO I am in.  We have 2 other OS members (both members here) and good thing it's Free to Play/Pay to Play.  The contents is rich and the game play is great, melee combat is actually fun [looking at your MxO!].  You can go a very long way and not pay any money, and if you work efficiently and grind with alternate characters can even get lots of free purchase points to buy content.

Offline McBain

• Dungeons & Dragons
  • The only constant in life is change.
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 04:58:16 PM »
Hey, yeah me being unemployed is a great thing. I'm in the process of getting DDO right now, will post in DDO forums what my handle is.

Offline CloudWolf

• Matrix Online, the
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 07:59:20 AM »
Well me, Rei, Ija and Asu are all Aion players but the servers are split between NA/EU which is pretty lame.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 05:02:26 AM by CloudWolf »

Offline Rumbaar

• Future Fight
  • Inherent Omniscience
    • rumbaar.net
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 08:30:33 AM »
Ah, just like DDO.  They have two Europian servers, but Australians get put into the US servers.

Offline Rei

• Matrix Online, the
  • Moderatrix
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 07:30:45 AM »
Are you guys still playing this Cloud?
I haven't really had the urge to play in a couple months now and I ended up letting my sub slip at the end of February cause I couldn't justify paying for something I'm not playing.  I don't know.. aside from the aerial flight, Aion doesn't really have anything else that every other MMO doesn't and it just got to be too much of a grind-fest.  That and the economy of the game is not geared towards the casual player at all.. when you get into the higher levels everything is so expensive and there are soo many money sinks that if you're not one of those people who are playing for 10 hours a day you're kinda hooped. 

Offline donsteeves

• Dungeons & Dragons
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 02:27:07 PM »
A lot of these so called free to play games are not really free at all. Technically they are, as long as you don't mind not winning. DDO is better than most. You can play a toon very realistically up to level 10 or 11, and you can earn points by completing quests that you can spend to buy some of the pay to play quests. You can also leave at any time for a bit, and when you come back, pick up where you left off, unlike some of the PVP games where you come back to find your account basically dead.

I never played Aion, so I can't speak for or against it. DDO is complex enough to hold my attention, and it is constantly expanding. Tactics, character builds, different ways to be effective with different classes, or even within the same class; I'm still learning how to play after 5 months. :)

Offline samagination

• Dungeons & Dragons
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 04:46:58 PM »
aion was awesome for about 3 weeks

way too much of a grind once you get over the initial hype

Offline CloudWolf

• Matrix Online, the
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 08:10:48 PM »
I still play, casually, with Ija and Asu. Part of a little Legion we started up.

With MMOs, I generally don't let the grind get to me (i.e. I don't do it, no matter how much the games "calls" for it). Could care less about double xp weekends and instance runs, I pop in every once in a while, shoot some arrows and chat some shit. After MxO that's all I really do with games, use em as quick breaks between college work xD

Offline Fernas

• Dungeons & Dragons
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 11:32:06 PM »
our styles of play seem very similar cloud.  i was unaware.

i've just never understood the complaints about "grind" in any of the 30+ mmo's i've played.  if you don't want to grind, don't.  there's plenty of other things to do.  or go do something other than play video games.  problem solved.
I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.