General Category > General Discussion

The Future Of Aion

<< < (2/3) > >>

McBain:
Hey, yeah me being unemployed is a great thing. I'm in the process of getting DDO right now, will post in DDO forums what my handle is.

CloudWolf:
Well me, Rei, Ija and Asu are all Aion players but the servers are split between NA/EU which is pretty lame.

Rumbaar:
Ah, just like DDO.  They have two Europian servers, but Australians get put into the US servers.

Rei:
Are you guys still playing this Cloud?
I haven't really had the urge to play in a couple months now and I ended up letting my sub slip at the end of February cause I couldn't justify paying for something I'm not playing.  I don't know.. aside from the aerial flight, Aion doesn't really have anything else that every other MMO doesn't and it just got to be too much of a grind-fest.  That and the economy of the game is not geared towards the casual player at all.. when you get into the higher levels everything is so expensive and there are soo many money sinks that if you're not one of those people who are playing for 10 hours a day you're kinda hooped. 

donsteeves:
A lot of these so called free to play games are not really free at all. Technically they are, as long as you don't mind not winning. DDO is better than most. You can play a toon very realistically up to level 10 or 11, and you can earn points by completing quests that you can spend to buy some of the pay to play quests. You can also leave at any time for a bit, and when you come back, pick up where you left off, unlike some of the PVP games where you come back to find your account basically dead.

I never played Aion, so I can't speak for or against it. DDO is complex enough to hold my attention, and it is constantly expanding. Tactics, character builds, different ways to be effective with different classes, or even within the same class; I'm still learning how to play after 5 months. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version