Author Topic: Aion  (Read 20161 times)

Offline Rei

• Matrix Online, the
  • Moderatrix
Re: Aion
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 03:29:18 AM »
As for the server polls, I would assume they are either going to open the forums back up prior to pre-select, or if not have the poll on the Aion homepage.  But they'll certainly be holding it before pre-select or else it would defeat the purpose.

And about the launch time, I think it's 9am on Sunday, 20th that the servers go online.  In the past beta's they've usually had a 9am start.

For sure we're going to coordinate servers Anu.  That's what I wanted one of the purposes of these forums to be ;)  It's too bad they're making it hard for EU and NA players to play together though.  However I did hear at one point that they may look into opening them all up across the board sometime after launch once they get an idea of regular server population, so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for that.

Edit:
I did some more looking around and found that Ayase, one of the Community managers mentioned on his twitter page that the poll should be taking place sometime this afternoon.   (No I don't follow twitter, I found a link to it on the ARP site)  But it's a pretty vague post.
Aion_Ayase Twitter Page 
At the time I read it the post was about 8 down from the top.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 03:46:56 AM by Rei »

Offline Rei

• Matrix Online, the
  • Moderatrix
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 12:40:57 PM »
Well, the pole is up (though as of the time I posted this they'd taken it down so as to add some other language options to it) and can be found at Aion Server Survey 
However with the way they're conducting this as a survey and not as a poll, it is open to anyone to vote not just those who have registered accounts, people can vote as many times as they want and they're not going to be closing the poll until the day of pre-select, it looks like the ARP community is going to stay with their earlier decision of Lumiel.  Their discussion can be found at ARP Community Server Discussion 

I can't say that I'm that surprised by this but oh well.  I'd much rather be on a server that I know has a good community of RP'ers and has a (hopefully) more mature population base so I'm probably going to go with Lumiel myself.  It looks like Lumiel and Zikel are going to be the official un-official RP servers anyways so it's just as well.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 06:25:26 PM by Rei »

Offline Rei

• Matrix Online, the
  • Moderatrix
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 03:44:06 AM »
Well, that was a bit of a waste..  This just posted on the Aion site..
Aion to Launch with Oceanic Server

Quote from: Aion Online News
"We experienced some frustrating technical difficulties with the surveys we launched early this week meant to help roleplayers and language-specific communities choose their unofficial game servers. Many Aion communities saw a need to coordinate their members and were much quicker than we were to organize surveys. We have decided to honor their hard work by permanently taking our own survey down, since we have no desire to interfere with what our great communities accomplish or cause confusion. We will continue to work with the fansites in our Fansite Program to promote their community survey results."

Soo.. Lumiel it is then for my main.  As I'm going to make an Elyos alt as well on a different server, I'm probably going to go with Zikel for that one as that one had the highest number of RPers next to Lumiel.

Edit:  Pre-Select tomorrow!!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 03:48:58 AM by Rei »

Offline Anubias

• Matrix Online, the
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 07:09:15 AM »
Well, that was a bit of a waste..  This just posted on the Aion site..
Aion to Launch with Oceanic Server

Quote from: Aion Online News
"We experienced some frustrating technical difficulties with the surveys we launched early this week meant to help roleplayers and language-specific communities choose their unofficial game servers. Many Aion communities saw a need to coordinate their members and were much quicker than we were to organize surveys. We have decided to honor their hard work by permanently taking our own survey down, since we have no desire to interfere with what our great communities accomplish or cause confusion. We will continue to work with the fansites in our Fansite Program to promote their community survey results."

Soo.. Lumiel it is then for my main.  As I'm going to make an Elyos alt as well on a different server, I'm probably going to go with Zikel for that one as that one had the highest number of RPers next to Lumiel.

Edit:  Pre-Select tomorrow!!

Yes, indeed.  I will be rolling Anubias, Ranger and Alistar, Templar (or vice versa, havent decided yet) on Lumiel.

Offline Anubias

• Matrix Online, the
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2009, 08:47:59 AM »
I have successfully created Alistar (Warrior, Templar) and Anubias (Scout, Ranger) on Lumiel. 

::Cheers!!!::

Offline Rei

• Matrix Online, the
  • Moderatrix
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2009, 08:58:42 AM »
And Treia is now officially on Lumiel.  She's a cleric again as I absolutely love how they've created the Cleric class in Aion and have had huge fun playing that class so far.

Offline Anubias

• Matrix Online, the
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2009, 10:52:41 AM »
I havent been online the same time as you yet Rae?  You did stick with Lumiel didn't you?

Offline Drint Blasters

• Matrix Online, the
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2009, 09:39:48 AM »
i was looking at getting this game but i saw a combat video and it looks very very ANIME

(ps fuck anime)

Offline Rei

• Matrix Online, the
  • Moderatrix
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2009, 04:12:53 AM »
Hey Al! The styling of the game itself does have a bit of an Anime look to it because it started out in Korea originally, they're just now bringing it over here.  But the character creator they've put together is quite extensive.  You can pretty much create any type of look you want for your character, 'western' styles included.

Offline Drint Blasters

• Matrix Online, the
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 04:53:34 PM »
also heard the servers are instanced or something, meaning you have to jump through hoops in order to play with your mates

Offline Rei

• Matrix Online, the
  • Moderatrix
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2009, 04:33:08 AM »
The main cities are all in one instance, but the outlying areas that you actually do your missions in have a number of channels that you can choose to play in.  Depending on the area you usually have between 3 and 10 different channels.  As long as everyone in the group is on the same channel you shouldn't have any problems.  I was a little unsure of this at first too but with a game like Aion that has soo many people playing it, it really is a great option to have.  If you're in an area that has a lot of players and they're all going after the same targets, or if you're lagging cause there's so many people, you can just switch to a different channel and have the game almost to yourself, with no lag and as many NPC's as you can handle.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 04:38:03 AM by Rei »

Offline Anubias

• Matrix Online, the
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2009, 03:20:35 PM »
The game I have been waiting for over a year has started taking applications for Alpha/Beta (Star Wars: The Old Republic), so I have canceled my subscription to Aion.  I wont have time to play both.  :-[

Offline Rei

• Matrix Online, the
  • Moderatrix
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2009, 05:02:16 AM »
Aww, I'm sorry to hear that Anu.  Can't say that I blame ya though.  I've been following the new Star Wars game for a while too, it looks like it's going to be really good! It was a pretty big toss up between SW and Aion for me but the unique story and lore in Aion tipped the scale.  I might have to see if I can check out SW beta though and give it a whirl.

EDIT:  I moved this topic into the General Discussion category as it doesn't need to be private anymore since the game has gone live.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 05:17:15 AM by Rei »

Offline CloudWolf

• Matrix Online, the
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2009, 08:44:49 PM »
Vet awards have just been announced and are looking good. They give you something every month (generally Lordas Amulets (XP boost) and Revival Stones) as well as bonuses on 'significant' months like new emotes or equipment.

Combined with the XP Boosting Patch coming up, grinding shouldnt be as much as a problem as it was.