General Category > General Discussion

Aion

<< < (6/6)

Rei:
The main cities are all in one instance, but the outlying areas that you actually do your missions in have a number of channels that you can choose to play in.  Depending on the area you usually have between 3 and 10 different channels.  As long as everyone in the group is on the same channel you shouldn't have any problems.  I was a little unsure of this at first too but with a game like Aion that has soo many people playing it, it really is a great option to have.  If you're in an area that has a lot of players and they're all going after the same targets, or if you're lagging cause there's so many people, you can just switch to a different channel and have the game almost to yourself, with no lag and as many NPC's as you can handle.

Anubias:
The game I have been waiting for over a year has started taking applications for Alpha/Beta (Star Wars: The Old Republic), so I have canceled my subscription to Aion.  I wont have time to play both.  :-[

Rei:
Aww, I'm sorry to hear that Anu.  Can't say that I blame ya though.  I've been following the new Star Wars game for a while too, it looks like it's going to be really good! It was a pretty big toss up between SW and Aion for me but the unique story and lore in Aion tipped the scale.  I might have to see if I can check out SW beta though and give it a whirl.

EDIT:  I moved this topic into the General Discussion category as it doesn't need to be private anymore since the game has gone live.

CloudWolf:
Vet awards have just been announced and are looking good. They give you something every month (generally Lordas Amulets (XP boost) and Revival Stones) as well as bonuses on 'significant' months like new emotes or equipment.

Combined with the XP Boosting Patch coming up, grinding shouldnt be as much as a problem as it was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version