General Category > General Discussion

Aion

(1/6) > >>

Rei:
Wanted to post some screenies taken in this weekends AION Beta event.  Figured I'd post em here though so I wouldn't have to worry about any Eula issues. 

Seriously, this game is beautiful.  The flight system once you hit lvl 10 is amazingly fun and opens up this whole new aspect of game play and combat that is unparalleled.  There's actually some strategy involved in aerial combat as you can manouver in every direction while fighting which give you bonuses and effect your moves.  Much more then just the semi-static back and forth combat everyone's used to. 

Here's a nice little video about the lore and background of Aion that gives some really great combat and flight shots.  Lani Blazier, who essentialy created this game and the lore and story behind it, is way too good looking to be a game designer, lol.  If you click on the little video thumbnail, third from the left, the picture of the character holding a blue ball of energy, you'll see the Aion: World & Lore video.

Anyways, here are a few shots I took, and I included a few that a friend of mine took as his computer is much better then mine.  The first few were in Asmodae, the dark side of the game world, Atreia, the last two were taken in the light side, Elysea.  I tried to give a good mix of different areas, though I didn't take many screenshots before they shut the servers down, too busy playing.

My Asmodian character, Treia

In flight..

And the following were all taken by a friend of mine..

These next two were taken in one of the the main cities of Elysea. 

Inhumancode:
Holy shit!
That looks god damned sexy.
Seriously considering picking this one up. Don't know if I can afford two MMOs at once though haha, got some difficult decisions ahead.

Is the flight like free roam or just a combat based thing?

Rei:
Though you can't fly in every area, like the major cities, you can in the majority of the outlying areas.  You can glide everywhere however, if you're up high or going downhill which is pretty cool.  Hehe, even if you're not in a flight supported area, running up and jumping off the edge of a cliff and just gliding around the valley below is pretty neat, and you can find updrafts here and there which will give you an altitude boost to keep you going longer.  And yea, if you're in an area where you can fly it is free roam, there's usually lots of ledges and high points you can find and land on and sit for a bit and enjoy the scenery if you want. 

Rei:
These two videos released today.. freaking siiick.

Aion: Atreia History Trailer

Aion Legion: Forsaken Plains - Promotion Trailer

CloudWolf:
Seriously looking forward to Open Beta this week.

Not sure how they're gonna handle EU/NA crossplay. I hear you're gonna have to have a seperate account if you want to get on the other region's servers, which would mean double the sub, which would be double the suck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version